There was something missing with this bare room after I had first processed the image. Perhaps it was the lack of features; sure it had a sink, a heater and a nice round window – and I suppose the carpet came up okay; but there was still something not quite right with it and I thought it needed a little bit more.
And so I decided to use my first ever texture layer in an image to try and give it that little bit more detail.
In fact…I used two!
This essentially showed me how to actually add a layer with a texture and use the different blending modes.
First of all I added this layer which was from the side of a train, an image I took on Sunday.
I set this layer to ‘overlay’ and reduced the opacity before erasing some of the content, especially on the carpet where I felt it wasn’t needed.
These texture layers certainly add to the image, and I think I like the end result. I’m sure I’ll be repeating this process further down the line to try and add a little ‘oomph’ to an image that is otherwise a bit bare and bland.