Head in the Clouds

Head in the Clouds

I often have my head in the clouds, but not so literally as in this image.

I encourage others to do things only with which they are comfortable with. The majority of people I go on an urbex trip with don’t so much like the edges of tall buildings, or the edging out to somewhere a little more precarious. Others would do things that I wouldn’t feel comfortable with, but if they are happy to do it then so be it. If you’re not comfortable doing it, then don’t – it’s that simple. If you know the risks and are confident in yourself and the situation around you then by all means push yourself that little bit further.

I’ve been in far more dangerous spots that you see here, however, as this image is pretty deceptive. I’m sat on top of some window cleaning apparatus here, and sure it may be 30 storeys up, but the apparatus is firmly on the roof and so I would only fall to the rooftop below me – it will be painful and I may break a bone, but it’s not really a fatal drop, and certainly not as high as the image suggests. By cropping out the rooftop that the camera sits on the illusion of my sitting high above London like a crazy fool is complete.

This entry was posted in London, murphyz, Night, Rooftopping, Urbex and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

105 Responses to Head in the Clouds

1. Head in the CloudsA Murphy classic! Well framed using the rule of thirds…:)

2. Head in the Cloudsdude, you are out of control :-)

3. Head in the CloudsBrilliant. Love this man.

4. Head in the CloudsDamn dude, balls of steel…

5. Head in the CloudsThis has come out great mate – but you’re a loon, what were me and Shando supposed to do with the mess if you’d fallen ;-)

Top shot!

6. Head in the CloudsOh, wow. That’s all I have to say.

7. Head in the CloudsAwesome! Very effective and it’s good to know that you’re not a fool, just a little bit crazy. :)

8. Head in the CloudsGreat capture. Couldn’t be any better.

9. Head in the CloudsGreat shot! I can only assume you climbed up there silently like a ninja. Not banging and thrashing around. No sir.

10. Head in the CloudsThat is mental! Seriously crazily brilliant!

11. Curt Fleenor says:

Awesome framing man! Cropping the rooftop creates the perfect illusion that you’re dangling high over the city.

12. Victoria says:

Wow, wonderful picture… I love your pictures on your blog. :)
    /Victoria (Sweden)

13. Jim Denham says:

Very cool crop job and effect! Dig how the city lights are shining around you! Cool image!

14. Head in the CloudsA little Crazy, Yes, but amazing!!

15. Head in the Cloudsout of control! LOL.. you are a brave man! :)

16. Head in the Cloudswhat a cool place to be…

17. Holy crap man…I got chills right now.

18. Chris Nitz says:

You know, I read that post and I still get vertigo just looking at this. I think this takes the cake for most badass shot of the day!

19. Edith Levy says:

Amazing…simply amazing. Love this shot.

20. Scott Wood says:

Perfectly executed. Can’t get enough of this image.

21. Head in the CloudsStunning shot – crazy setup !!!

Seen on your photo stream. ( ?² )

22. Jim Nix says:

dude that’s sweet! but why tell us the secret, you could have tricked us all! love the shot Mike, totally awesome!!

23. Head in the CloudsI like the details of the light and how sharp they look!

24. Marc Collins says:

Amazing shot. London never looked so good!

25. Renee Besta says:

Mike, you are one very courageous photographer, nonetheless. Stunning photo and composition. Really appears that you are hanging out over the city. Would still hate to scrape you off the roof if you fell.

What some photographers will do to get that perfect shot! You are certainly a great example of that. Fantastic work and kudos for the courage.

26. Rob says:

Wickedly well done.

27. alison says:

Perfect shot!! That is so cool!!!

28. Head in the CloudsFantastic shot. I really appreciate the blog description as usual. I guess this would be an excellent example of the power of cropping a picture.

29. Jason Hines says:

Good advice to know your limits. This shot is certainly deceptive… I actually thought you were hanging over the edge of the building at first.

30. Head in the CloudsYou are crazy!! Very very good shot!

31. Pingback: Friday Photo Spots & 3 — Jason Hines

32. Rex Boerma says:

Is that for real, Awesome! I can/t imagine how did you get up there. Aren’t you scared.

33. Harriett Cooke says:

No sir. You know, I read that post and I still get vertigo just looking at this. That’s all I have to say.

34. Head in the CloudsThis is simply f#####g cool(excuse me),love to have a photo like this………………….